I recently gave a presentation to the Southern Alexandrina Business Association regarding technologies when travelling as well as some technologies we use to run our business.
In this presentation I mentioned quite a few iPhone/iPod app and systems that we use, this blog post has a summary of what was mentioned and where they can be found.
iPhone/iPod 'apps' for travel
- Downloadable maps/street directory for hundreds of cities around the word -CityMaps2Go
- Download and view maps for public transport systems - Transit Maps
- Offline viewer for Wikipedia - Wikipanion
- Make phone calls - Skype
- Taking notes by just writing with your finger - UYH (use your handwriting)
- Managing documents (e.g. an itinerary) - Goodreader (can also be done with Dropbox)
Some technologies for business
- Shared documents across computers and devices - Dropbox
- Online accounting system - Saasu
- Online taskmanagement ('todo lists') - Producteev
- Encrypting files for security - TrueCrypt
There was some discussion about 'cloud computing' - here is an overview.
I previously wrote a blog post about technologies we use in our business, it goes into more detail about some of the above.